1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Server

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by onyxchase, Apr 28, 2012.

1. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Hi guys,

I have upgraded my server, unfortunately I am getting a bunch of errors on the new server. I have the same modules installed and I did a SQL dump and insert via commandline. I created a support request but it's the weekend and off-hours. :(

Here is the error I am getting:

An exception occurred: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes in /home/xx/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 117
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 117
    2. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 134
    3. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 125
    4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xx/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

3. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Thanks Clickfinity. I tried that already but I can't even get into the Admin let alone the /install/ folder. It asks for my Name & Password then when I hit submit, I get the same error...

4. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

But I will try dumping it again... ;)

5. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

No luck. I even tried with the --max_allowed_packet option as mentioned, but I get the same error.

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That looks like a problem with the data in the xf_data_registry table. Maybe your database backup / restore went bad. Try a different backup if one is available. Or examine your database using phpmyadmin to make sure the structure and data looks OK. I am leaving for a few hours, but I can take a look when I get back if you give me access to your server.

7. Jake Bunce

Oh and one quick thing you can try is to delete the required records from xf_data_registry which are:

'options', 'languages', 'contentTypes', 'codeEventListeners', 'cron', 'simpleCache'

Try deleting them one-by-one until the problem goes away. These records should be automatically rebuilt upon the next page load. But make sure you have a backup before doing this. Deleting these records may fix your problem, assuming the problem is isolated to those records.

psTubble27 likes this.
  8. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Thanks. I tried but that didn't work. It's very weird. As soon as I do a SQL restore, the forum works for 1 page load, and then on a reload it just gives me that error.

9. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Actually if I click on "Check All" and "Delete", then I get one page load, then I get the same error again... Urgh. (In the xd_data_registry that is)

10. Jake Bunce

Errr... yeah I would like to take a look if you are comfortable giving me access to your server. Back in a couple hours...

11. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Sure. PM me when you get back.

12. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Could it be some kind of licensing issue? Thew new server is on a new IP. (But same domain)

13. Jake Bunce

Wow that was a long evening. I'm back now if you want me to look.

onyxchase likes this.
  14. onyxchase

onyxchase Active Member

Thanks Jake. With Jake's help I was finally able to fix the problem. It was a mixture of Zend Optimizer and upgrading the mysqld. Thanks for your help!

CyclingTribe likes this.
  15. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

Can you clarify how you went about solving this? I'm having the same problem after moving to a new server. I'm getting this in debug mode:

An exception occurred: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes in /home/mlrehab/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 117
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. unserialize() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 117
    3. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 134
    4. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 125
    5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mlrehab/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

16. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

I should have also mentioned. It wasn't working when I moved to the new server so I had my host install MySQLi and it started working. A few hours later, it was broken again and now I'm stumped.

17. Jake Bunce

18. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

19. Jake Bunce

I believe Mike is talking about the MySQL client library in PHP, not the MySQL server itself.

20. ibenick

ibenick Active Member

Trying to communicate this to the support staff for my hosting company and they responded with this:

Do you know which one of those needs the update and what version it should be?