XF 2.2 Upgrading my previous version to new xenforo forum

Rock75

Hi , i am moving my forum to new host and domain, i already have backup of my previous forum including database and backup files, But here i am confused as xenforo released new version 2.2.5 but my previous forum version was 2.2.4, Now do i install the 2.2.5 on my host and upload the database through php admin Or i just need to upload the my backup files of 2.2.4 and upload the database via phpmy admin?

Copy/move your existing site to the new host and domain, then upgrade.

Most hosts will do server moves for free.
I have imported the database file through phpmyadmin, and also uploaded the backup files on host through ftp,i also updated the new domain in xenforo customer area, but still nothing happen, what did i wrong here, should i run install file again are just to upload the backup files only??
when i open my site i got this error in downloaded file

"<?php

$phpVersion = phpversion();
if (version_compare($phpVersion, '7.0.0', '<'))
{
die("PHP 7.0.0 or newer is required. $phpVersion does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP.");
}

$rootDir = realpath(DIR . '/..');
chdir($rootDir);
require($rootDir . '/src/XF.php');

XF::start($rootDir);
XF::runApp('XF\Install\App');
"
Note: I already updated the php version to 7.4

Last edited:
Copy/move your existing site to the new host and domain, then upgrade.

Most hosts will do server moves for free.
Hi @Brogan After moving site to new host and domain , it asked for upgrade system login , i proceeded from there ,It completed the process........
Importing... Master data (Templates) to 78.3%.....
and then at last i am facing this now.....
Screenshot.png

Last edited:
Something went wrong with the backup and restore then.

Moving hosts requires no additional operations, especially not an upgrade.

I would suggest doing it again.
I did again all from start and now moved site successfully to new host, now the issue i am facing is below in screenshot, I already changed the domain name in customer area
Screenshot.webp
I also changed the url in board section of ACP.

Top Bottom