XF 2.0 Upgrading from 1.5 to 2.0

Hi

Stumped on this one - trying to upgrade and when I have transferred over all files and goto www.p********.com/public_html/Forums/install I get this error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message '[E_WARNING] mysqli::real_escape_string(): invalid object or resource mysqli ' in /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:75 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, 'mysqli::real_es...', '/var/sites/p/po...', 75, Array) #1 /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(75): mysqli->real_escape_string('options') #2 /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(395): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString('options') #3 /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(373): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote('options') #4 /var/sites/p/p********e.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(137): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote(Array) #5 /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(82): XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb(Array, Array) #6 /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/DataRegistry in /var/sites/p/p********.com/public_html/Forums/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 75

Any ideas ?

thanks
Brett

Is that the full error message? It looks truncated (in terms of the back trace).

But looking at your site, I'm not seeing the XF2 files. Have you reverted them back? It's hard to guess exactly the cause without seeing the full trace.

thats the full error message after copying files up to server and choosing overwrite. This error occurs after attempting install

I'll redo it again just to be sure and post with error

That's very odd for a number of reasons. Notably, at that particular URL, it should never be hitting the database which is where this error appears to be coming from. (It should be redirecting you to a different URL for the particular action.)

To do any debugging, I think we'd really need to see this in place. It may be ideal for you to setup a copy of your 1.x site (files and DB) and test upgrades on that to avoid/reduce downtime. If you want to try again (on the live or copy) and have the same problem, if you submit a ticket with FTP details we can try to look into it for you.

Top Bottom