XF 1.5 upgrading from 1.5.1 to latest version of 2.0

TUG

About to attempt this over the holidays (slowest time on our forum)...just two quick questions.

1. is it wise (or even suggested) to upgrade to the last version of 1.5 before upgrading to 2.0? the documentation seems to state that you can just upgrade any previous version to 2.0 but I did find some posts from folks who were upgrading very old versions encountering problems during their upgrade?

2. is there a quick "requirement/confict" checker you can run to ensure the server meets or exceeds all minimum requirements in terms of installing and running 2.0 (nevermind, i just found the requirements checker script and ran it!).

notice that the xen requirements state mysql 5.5 or higher, but we have been running on mariadb for years now (currently at mariadb 10.1.43)...i cant seem to locate the 2.0 requirements for mariadb anywhere?

3. any other maintenance or "best practices" for 1.5.1 prior to running the upgrade?

thanks!

Last edited:
just to add a note here...the tech did mention that the scrip itself needed these files removed BEFORE being run...as he said there was a line in there that specifically mentioned it wouldnt create the rewrite rule if the file WAS present. thus nothing was happening when the script was running because the files are all still there.

(or something like that...his level of knowledge of scripts far exceeded mine and I was out of my league for 99.9% of our conversation).

but the gist was that those files needed to be gone BEFORE running the xen 2.0 redirect add on for it to function...might be something worth mentioning in the release notes/instructions etc!

Reactions: arn
Top Bottom