XF 2.1 upgrade to latest version from 1.4.7

aussie

In the near future I am wanting to upgrade my xenforo forum software (1.4.7) to the latest version.

I also want to have the new version installed in the root directory of my website and not in the ‘forums’ directory where the existing version resides.

My host can create a copy/clone of my website domain to use as a staging area for the new installation and setup.

Can you please advise if there would be any problems with this strategy and also confirm that the latest version supports the import of 1.4.7 posts etc.

There is no issue with moving the installation - you can do that before or after upgrading.

Upgrading is not importing - you just upload the latest files and run the upgrade script.

Thanks for the reply Brogan, I always thought that upgrading from 1.4.7 to the latest 2.x version required the need to do a fresh import because of the different data structures?

Just remember though that any addons and themes are NOT compatible between v1.x and 2.x, so you'll need to remove them before you upgrade and have alternatives sorted out.

Just remember though that any addons and themes are NOT compatible between v1.x and 2.x, so you'll need to remove them before you upgrade and have alternatives sorted out.
To clarify, if there is an upgrade path to the XF2 version, leave it installed.

Uninstalling will remove any content associated with the add--on.

Top Bottom