XF 1.5 Upgrading 1.5.18 to 2.x latest

kella

Hi -

Having quite a few issues making this upgrade, which really doesn't surprise me since we're going through so many intermediate versions. Trying this on a test subdomain for which I've removed all addons. When I attempt to install I am told there are a whopping 66 files with the wrong contents. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'm thinking that (since most of the few addons we use aren't compatible anyway) it might be wiser to simply install the latest, fresh, and then import our users/posts/avatars/etc.

I assume this is possible but the upgrade instructions don't seem to cover it. Could someone help me out?

The “files with wrong contents” thing is a way of checking that the correct files have been uploaded correctly to the correct location.

It seems you have 66 files which you have uploaded which do not have the expected contents. This usually indicates a problem with the files being uploaded so it really needs to be addressed. Note that it won’t be anything to do with your 1.5 install or add-ons.

We’d recommend making sure your FTP client is uploading in “binary mode” or using a different FTP client.

I was using WinSCP. Is there a particular FTP client I should be using? WinSCP appears to be uploading in binary by default, but maybe there's something I don't know.

FWIW, moving from 1.5.18 to 1.5.23 didn't produce any errors outside of outdated templates once it was upgraded. That specifically appears to be a 2.1.x upgrade problem for me.

I use WinSCP and don't generally have issues with it.
The out of the box settings should be fine.

I see you have cPanel so I would suggest using the File Manager app to upload the zip archive intact and extract directly on the server.
It's way quicker and not prone to transfer errors as FTP is.

I use WinSCP and don't generally have issues with it.
The out of the box settings should be fine.

I see you have cPanel so I would suggest using the File Manager app to upload the zip archive intact and extract directly on the server.
It's way quicker and not prone to transfer errors as FTP is.

Yeah, that would be way quicker for sure.

I've had no issues with the following upgrades on my test instance.

1.5.18 -> 1.5.23
1.5.23 -> 2.0.0

Now doing 2.0.0 to 2.0.12, then if that's ok I'll try 2.1.0. Maybe this was the smarter way all along...

Top Bottom