XF 2.0 Upgraded to 2.0 all my category turn into forum

TechBill

I upgraded to 2.0 and I noticed that all my Category which is a parent of forums turn into forum itself after the upgrade. How do I switch it back to category again?

Thank you

This is not something I've ever heard of before.

Are you sure they were categories before, and not just forums with no permission to post in them?

Do you have a backup of the database before the upgrade so the node table can be checked?

It all were categories before but I went ahead and create all new categories with same name and then moved the forums over to it. After that I deleted all the categories that became forums after the upgrade.

it was an upgrade from Phorum to phpBB then to v1 which again upgraded to v2 so somewhere along the upgrade line I am sure it toggle the categories into forum. No big deal since I was able to fix it all an hour but I was hoping there was a toggle to switch between forum and category. I have a 3 millions posts and over 55K members forum.

Right now it only a test board so I am not worried about it. My forum is still running on Phorum but I plan to upgrade to Xenforo v2 this summer once I find or built the right template for it.

There is no method for changing node types in XF.

As this is an import, I suspect they were set as forums in the source database, or phpBB, before importing into XF.

There is no method for changing node types in XF.

As this is an import, I suspect they were set as forums in the source database, or phpBB, before importing into XF.

As what I suspect but no biggie. When we are ready do the live import, we will just recreate those categories. I wish there was an importer for Phorum to Xenforo. :/ Any plan to add an Phorum importer to Xenforo soon?

Top Bottom