XF 1.5 Was wondering how to save my Categories, threads, and post if i wanted to start my forum over again.

oO5 Dynasty

So I wanted to start my forum design from scratch, but do not want to get rid of the threads etc. How would i go about saving the Categories, and threads, so i can start over with a fresh install of xenforo. Then after i finish installing xenforo, i would like to bring back those threads so i do not have to take the time creating them again.

What does the design have to do with the data, eg. forums and threads?

If you want to start over with the design:
Create a new style with no parent and delete all other styles - Done.

If you really want to start completely fresh you could set up a new installation and import the data, but in 99,9999% of all cases this is unnecessary overhead.

I agree with @Kirby There is no advantage in a fresh install of XF if you want to save literally everything which is your Forums, Categories and posts which means all your users. Only thing really effected is your Template just make a new one unless your doing or did that already.

Just in case you didn't know you can rebuild your master data it won't affect anything you did or installed just rebuilds anything XenForo it's kinda like a Defrag...

https://www.mywebsite.com/install/index.php?upgrade/
Screen Shot 05-21-18 at 07.03 PM.webp

Top Bottom