XF 1.2 Upgraded Php: now getting internal server errors

EQnoble

As the title states I just upgraded my server to php 5.4.x from 5.2.x and now my xenforo installation is throwing 500 errors for any xf url, all my other scripts still work soI have to assume this is something in the configuration of xf that is causing this.

Whats my first step?

What are the server error logs?

Can you post the contents here?

Also, enable debug mode and view the page source to see if there is any additional information.

Well debug mode is always enabled because I don't run a forum in the sense other than trying to build stuff around xf, and even so the page literally doesn't load so there is no information at all in the html rendered other than the 500 error.

Now the server error I don't get because it is saying I am missing something that xf doesn't require.

[05-Jul-2013 19:46:02 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Now I do use ffmpeg and havn't re-added the ffmpeg-php extension as of yet but I don't see how this could effect xf.
.ini issue maybe?

Update to that...by adding ffmpeg-php as a shared extension, xf now loads perfectly fine.

What am I missing here.

If it broke my forum install it should have broke any other script no?

Yes two off the shelf and one I wrote... but those I expected to break...xenforo not using that extension I didn't expect it to break nor require it.

I am still playing with stuff at the moment and hopefully I don't lose everything in the process. Time for people to make backups and download them.

Ok well my hosting provider was looking at it , applied their fix , and saying it is a xenforo issue, they are also saying now and I quote...

'It may be necessary to consult the developer of the application for further assistance. Unfortunately there are not a lot of meaningful errors being logged anywhere, so it's really unclear what specifically is causing the Internal Server Errors at the moment. Please let us know how you would like to proceed'

I don't think it is a xf issue and think whatever was done to my servers configuration was and is the problem.

So I think I am just going to shut down my server, I don't need this stress, hate being lied to, don't stand for being played and can't afford my hosting as it is...if it doesn't work I can't rationalize paying someone as much as I do for my server. If they are going to try and bs me after giving them this much credit for so long and paying out of pocket pretty much knowing already that I was not going to recoup costs, and doing without so I could host peoples stuff for free while providing myself a live playground.

I have sacrificed too much to by keeping my server up over the past three years and this makes me sick to my stomach...I should note that I did nothing through this whole process, they did the upgrading, they broke it and blamed xenforo. All I did was open a ticket and specify what I wanted done.

Now I am just done.

Top Bottom