XF 1.3 Upgrade to 1.3 - Weird ACP login problem

RobParker

Any idea what's going on here?

I've just uploaded all the files on my test site to go from 1.2 to 1.3.

I've disabled the eventlisteners in the config.php as I usually do when updating.

Now when I go to my ACP, I try to login and get this (black boxes added to obscure details):

adminlogin.webp

The login fails with no error message but a random orange "M" appears...

It's for a test install not the live site. I also don't get the M until I try and login, but both my actual login and an incorrect login both generate the M.

I've just re-uploaded all the files but that hasn't solved it and it's made it worse.

I now get this at the ACP login screen (with the styling gone):

Screen Shot 2014-03-15 at 18.02.59.webp

I get the same problem on Firefox and Safari so it doesn't seem like a browser cache thing.

It's on Nimbus Hosting, running nginx and we have maxcdn for our live site but not enabled in the config.php for our test site. I think that counts as pretty standard.

The upgrade wasn't even attempted as I never got that far.

I literally uploaded the files and edited the config.php.

I then went to login to the ACP and go this error.

Various weird things can happen if you attempt to do anything but run the upgrade when you've uploaded a new version, especially if it's a first- or second-point level release. Run the upgrade and the issue should go away.

So it doesn't create new files and then assign the owner as the account running the command rather than the webserver user? I seem to remember last time I ran the command line updater there were some kind of permission problem after it had ran.

So it doesn't create new files and then assign the owner as the account running the command rather than the webserver user? I seem to remember last time I ran the command line updater there were some kind of permission problem after it had ran.

It doesn't, as the web based upgrader doesn't...

It can, as the web based upgrader can (templates as files, for example).

The system does try to detect that case and set permissions appropriately so it should generally be fine. That said, you may wish to run it as the user that the web server executes PHP as.

Top Bottom