1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Commander, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Commander

Commander Member

For the first time i have problem with upgrades.

I was running 1.4.10 and like as many times upgraded files via FTP (FileZilla) and run upgrade processes, when processe is complete i just have blank white page!?
  2. Commander

Commander Member

Hmmm... im uplodgin again same files and now it seams everything is ok!?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Is this after the upgrade has completed and it said it completed successfully? Where do you get the blank page?
  4. Commander

Commander Member

On all domain / folder...

I was uploded once again and now is ok... maybe some file was corupted durring uploading processes.

Im rebuilding master data... now.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Never use FileZilla, it's terrible.

Use something like WinSCP instead.
    Commander likes this.
  6. Commander

Commander Member

Yes, it was certainly a problem to FileZilla. Now I did rebuild masterdata forum (upload files once again over old one) and xenforo running smooth everything is OK.

Thanks for the tip, I will surely change FTP client.
  7. NinaMcI

NinaMcI Active Member

Could you tell me how to change FTP client? I use FileZilla and I always encounter problems when I upgrade which I thought was down to my incompetence with these things, but maybe it's not all me...
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Download WinSCP and install it.

Then configure the same FTP credentials you use with your current client.
    DroidOne likes this.
  9. NinaMcI

NinaMcI Active Member

10. Really?! It's all I've used for 5 years now! Never a problem. Is the WinSCP really a better program? What's bad about FZ? You've got me curious now. I'll go check out WinSCP later.
  11. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It's crap. It doesn't always upload files like it should, later versions have bloatware in with it, it stores passwords on your computer in plain text. Search these forums for Filezilla to find out more.