Fixed Upgrade doesn't correct template name in notice page criteria.

Mr Lucky

Affected version
Version 2.0
Please don't tell me it's not a bug but an undocumented feature :)

When you upgrade, many notice page criteria stop working due to keeping the name of the xf1 template. Surely these should be converted to the xf2 equivalent.

I wouldn't call it a "feature" but likely to be more in the realm of "something that you need to check manually after upgrading". I don't think there's really any scope for us to really automatically map essentially arbitrary conditions like this. The same thing would apply to controllers/actions and view classes.

I'll leave this open for now, though I expect that the extent of the changes may be a note about checking your page conditions in notices.

I've added something that's a little bit more general purpose. It is merely a note, but the note displays on the notice list if we detect that any active notice is using page criteria which can no longer be matched. Specifically, it detects if template names in the criteria do not exist, or if PHP classes/methods do not exist. Of course this could end up catching stuff from disabled add-ons too, as well as old XF versions, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As an added bonus, it might help you catch things like spelling/typing mistakes too. Looks like this:

1519932806946.webp

Top Bottom