Upgrade Beta 6 / Parse Error Code

Craig

Do I upload the one folder via my FTP program and then open it inside and go to the install folder, or do I upload each individual file?

Personally I would avoid FileZilla.
Myself and others have problems with phantom files being created during transfers.

I've never had a problem with an FTP client before, FileZilla is the only one that hasn't worked properly for me.

If you use Firefox then you can't go wrong with FireFTP really.

Myself and others have problems with phantom files being created during transfers.

I've never had a problem with an FTP client before, FileZilla is the only one that hasn't worked properly for me.

ok. Thanks. I do use Firefox.

what phantom files?

on ssh I do:

cd
mkdir b6
cd b6

on sftp I upload the upgrade beta 6 .zip

on ssh I do:

unzip xen[tab]
cp -rf upload/* ../public_html/

cd ..
rm -rf b6/

And open the browser to /install/

I have switched to FireFTP. It seems to work better as I kept having some files hanging up with Core FTP

I was trying to re install Beta 5 as everything had gone wrong, and I received the following;

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/wrxmodf/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php on line 983

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmodf/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php on line 983

These show up immediately after the "Setup Administrator" window

Open it in a text editor. What is at the end of the file? This is the end of my library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php file:

Code:
		$db->delete('xf_user_alert', "alerted_user_id = $userIdQuoted");

$db->delete('xf_conversation_recipient', "user_id = $userIdQuoted");
		$db->delete('xf_conversation_user', "owner_user_id = $userIdQuoted");

$db->delete('xf_ip', "content_type = 'user' AND user_id = $userIdQuoted");
		// note: leaving content-associated IPs

$this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Avatar')->deleteAvatar($userId, false);
	}

/**
	 * Gets the permission model.
	 * @return XenForo_Model_Permission
	 */
	protected function _getPermissionModel()
	{
		return $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Permission');
	}
}

Open it in a text editor. What is at the end of the file? This is the end of my library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php file:

Code:
[/quote]

It was missing the following;
Model_Avatar')->deleteAvatar($userId, false);
	}

/**
	 * Gets the permission model.
	 * @return XenForo_Model_Permission
	 */
	protected function _getPermissionModel()
	{
		return $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Permission');
	}
}

I added it, uploaded the repaired file, and installing to see what happens

If this file is missing bits of code then it's possible that other files are also corrupt or incomplete.

I would recommend uploading the whole package again.

I have even tried having my whole server set back to when I first got it and i can't install neither Beta 5 nor Beta 6.

Do you have a backup saved somewhere for the site from before you tried the Beta 6 upgrade? If so I would replace what you have done with it and then attempt the upgrade again. I use SmartFTP, I hate Filezilla.

This is a good reminder to all, before any changes are made to your site do a backup, it takes just minutes to do and can save you a lifetime.

Top Bottom