Upgrade Beta 6 / Parse Error Code

Craig

Do I upload the one folder via my FTP program and then open it inside and go to the install folder, or do I upload each individual file?

Open it in a text editor. What is at the end of the file? This is the end of my library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php file:

Well Jake, I got another error code. Sence you did such a superior job with the last I thought I would send yet another your way. This one shows up when someone is trying to join my site;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmodf/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php on line 1267

Thanks

unless you are deleting the database and doing a full installation each time, you cant keep alternating between beta5 and beta6 uploads.

I did have my server wiped clean and did a fresh install of beta 5 then today did an update to beta 6. I don't know if i have something lingering in their... it is most frustrating though.

Well Jake, I got another error code. Sence you did such a superior job with the last I thought I would send yet another your way. This one shows up when someone is trying to join my site;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmodf/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php on line 1267

Thanks

This is the end of that file in beta6:

Code:
    /**
     * Filter of other data
     * @param string $data
     * @return string
     */
    protected function _filterOther($data)
    {
        $rule = array("\r" => '',
                      "\n" => '',
                      "\t" => '',
        );

return strtr($data, $rule);
    }

/**
     * Formats e-mail address
     * @param string $email
     * @param string $name
     * @return string
     */
    protected function _formatAddress($email, $name)
    {
        if ($name === '' || $name === null || $name === $email) {
            return $email;
        } else {
            $encodedName = $this->_encodeHeader($name);
            if ($encodedName === $name && strcspn($name, '()<>[]:;@\\,."') < strlen($name)) {
                $format = '"%s" <%s>';
            } else {
                $format = '%s <%s>';
            }
            return sprintf($format, $encodedName, $email);
        }
    }

}

Well that parse error is similar to the first one. There is a problem with that file. The fix is to re-upload the original file (or ideally all files) from the zip file. But since we seem to be having trouble uploading the files I am posting the relevant code.

It seems like you are still having problems uploading files.
That error once again indicates an incomplete file.

Do you have a particularly poor or slow connection?

It seems like you are still having problems uploading files.
That error once again indicates an incomplete file.

Do you have a particularly poor or slow connection?

No I typically have a great connection, as i try to always avoid up or downloading on a weak connection

Top Bottom