Upgrade Beta 6 / Parse Error Code

Craig

Do I upload the one folder via my FTP program and then open it inside and go to the install folder, or do I upload each individual file?

First of all, I believe the www and public_html directories are the same thing. But as a general rule I use public_html.

If you are getting into the Admin CP then you are getting much farther than you have been. I'm not sure what to make of that error, perhaps someone else does.. But I would expect it may come down to having something either uploaded to the wrong place.. or something simple like that.

Well then I shall try uploading again, but this time to public_html instead of the www folder. Thanks again for the assistance!

...I'm sure I'm quite the novice-P.I.T.A.
Please don't worry about being a novice... But would help is to have some idea how much experience you (and others) have, so we can get a better idea how we can best help. I was looking for a wrx forum because I thought it could give me an idea how much experience you may have but could not find one.

For example from this error:
/home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserGroup.php on line 399

It almost looks like you have created a wrxmod directory, which sits beside your public_html directory, which would not be accessible via an url as far as I know - but you say you are in the admincp so I am not sure what is going on.

Sounds to me like the files haven't been uploaded properly.

I would try uploading the whole Beta 6 package once again.

I just tried to reinstall the Beta 6 and got this error code;

You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php.

Messing with code is something I am not totally comfortable with as i am the uber-newbie

Sounds to me like the files haven't been uploaded properly.

I would try uploading the whole Beta 6 package once again.

I found the internal_data/install-lock.php, deleted it and am trying again.... with luck all will work.... I dread the thought of wiping my server clean and starting over....

well, I am totally up a creek now i think.... When I try to bring my site up i get the line;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserGroup.php on line 399

what did you do? an hour ago the site was up and appeared to be running running beta6.

Well after installing Beta 6 i could not access members through ACP>Users. The code I was receiving was;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wrxmod/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserGroup.php on line 399

If you have ssh access you could do something like
Upload contents of folder to another folder ( say "upgrade perhaps )
The ssh to server and do:

cd /path/to/upgrade
tar cf - * | ( cd /path/to/public_html; tar xfp -)

This will stop you accidentally over writing custom files etc.

If you have ssh access you could do something like
Upload contents of folder to another folder ( say "upgrade perhaps )
The ssh to server and do:

cd /path/to/upgrade
tar cf - * | ( cd /path/to/public_html; tar xfp -)

This will stop you accidentally over writing custom files etc.

Pardon my ignorance, but I am really new to all of this. I have no idea what you mean by ssh access.

Well after installing Beta 6 i could not access members through ACP>Users. The code I was receiving was;

That is a file problem. Try re-uploading the files. The default files should not have syntax errors.

Top Bottom