1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade b2 to b3 problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by kuyenmotdivad, Nov 11, 2010.

1. kuyenmotdivad

kuyenmotdivad Active Member

I get this when I try to upgrade from beta 2 to 3.

Server Error
    apc_store() [<a  href='function.apc-store'>function.apc-store</a>]: Potential  cache slam averted for key 'freaksdata_options'
    apc_store() in /home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Apc.php at line 112
    Zend_Cache_Backend_Apc->save()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Cache/Core.php at line[B]390[/B]
    Zend_Cache_Core->save()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php[/B]at line[B]169[/B]
    XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Option.php[/B]at line[B]492[/B]
    XenForo_Model_Option->rebuildOptionCache()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Option.php[/B]at line[B]880[/B]
    XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Option.php[/B]at line[B]775[/B]
    XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsDevelopmentXml()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php[/B]at line[B]37[/B]
    XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php[/B]at line[B]26[/B]
    XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php[/B]at line[B]181[/B]
    XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRebuild()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php[/B]at line[B]303[/B]
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php[/B]at line[B]132[/B]
    XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B]in[B]/home/xxxx/public_html/community/install/index.php at line 17
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

Remove the apc cache details from config.php and try again.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is potentially known issue using APC for caching (via config.php; opcode caching is fine). We can only recommend not using it at this point.
  4. kuyenmotdivad

turn it off while upgrading or fully?
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'll basically need to turn it off fully. The problem is that turning it back on may lead to out of date caches. (That is a near impossible problem to workaround.)
  6. kuyenmotdivad

So its not recommened to use any caching program like APC or memcached?
  7. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Not at the Beta stages via config.php
    you can still benefit from APC without modifying config.php
  8. kuyenmotdivad

ok i'll remove the code from the config file
  9. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Interestingly I have upgraded my b2 testboard to b3 with no errors whatsoever with APC caching turned on. Big thumbs up Mike, a much improved process over the b1 to b2 upgrade. Not sure if this was in the previous upgrade but I do like the additional dots being presented as some form of progress.
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

Just a FYI.

I run Ubuntu LAMP setup with APC and Beta 2 to Beta 3 upgrade went fine. No errors. And I left APC details in the config.php.

Let's hope it keeps going this smooth.