1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Upgrade 1.1.5 - 1.2 RC

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by MrC, Jul 17, 2013.

1. MrC

MrC Active Member

I upgraded a test site before disabling addons and got this error:

Admin area: "Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'template_map.template_final' in 'field list'"
    Forum area: "The requested forum could not be found."

Then I added "$config['enableListeners'] = false" to the config file. The error disappeared and I could access the forum.

Then I tried to disable the addons and got this error: "Please enter a valid callback method (ModEss_Install_105::install)." and could not disable some of the addons.

May be I should have disabled all addons first :D.
  2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Looks as though that error is something relating to the Moderator Essentials add on. Might be worth checking if there is an update to it. Not sure what is causing the other errors.
    MrC likes this.
  3. MrC

MrC Active Member

Oh, I copied the error after trying to uninstall Moderator Essentials, but the same error occurred for some other addons.
  4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Addons for 1.1.x may not be compatible with 1.2.
    MrC likes this.
  5. Hoffi

Hoffi Well-Known Member

Without a listener it is difficult to deinstall an addon with a deinstall listener. Deactivate the AddOns. Aktivate the listener and then deinstall.
    MrC likes this.
  6. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

Deactivate TMS, that's the most likely culprit
    DFI and MrC like this.
  7. MrC

MrC Active Member

It seems that threadban was the culprit: "Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_AddOn::rebuildAddOnCachesAfterActiveSwitch() must be of the type array, none given, called in mysite\community\library\ThreadBan\DataWriter\AddOn.php on line 19 and defined:...". But yeah, I should have disabled all addons before upgrading. It was a test site, so all good for now. I will try another test with addons disabled tomorrow.
  8. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Update add-on files to latest version.
    MrC likes this.
  9. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

I don't understand how migrate my TMS modifications on new Xf's TMS version... Can someone give me some directions on this point? I'm completely lost in space...
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

11. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I think he means the built-in TMS that XF now comes with...

My understanding is that the built-in TMS is not really a TMS for users, but more for addon developers to use.

This is going to be fun... developers adding template edits at the master, admins having customised styles with non-standard code, then admins making further changes after the fact via the TMS addon. Interesting experiment... which I hope this works for the better.
  12. Brogan

Well he specifically mentions migrating the TMS modifications from the add-on so it's a question better asked on the add-on thread.
  13. MrC

MrC Active Member

Everything went smoothing with disabling addons first.
  14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

So far, all edits that I have needed I have been able to apply via the built in stuff. I don't get REAL fancy with anything - just simple replacement of segments.:D
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  15. Anthony Parsons

I take it you created an add-on and are applying all your edits to that?
  16. Tracy Perry

No, I'm using 1.2's TMC instead of guiltar's TMS and doing the edits directly to the templates I need.
  17. Brogan

You don't need to use the TM system for ad templates as they will never be updated.
  18. Anthony Parsons

Still so much to learn in this new update.... ahhhhh! Thanks for that info.
  19. Tracy Perry

Yeah, but it's just easier for me to keep up with everything in one place. Like to try and centralize as much of the edits for review as possible.
  20. Anthony Parsons

Agreed... I was already thinking about converting my custom theme into the TM entirely, so there are no custom templates to remove the most issues possible that I can foresee occurring when combined with add ons + custom templates directly.