XF 2.0 XFMG Upgrade Error (1.1.14 to 2.0.5)

Marcel

Trying to upgrade a local test installation using an XF1 backup.

Upgrading

[XF\Db\Exception]
MySQL query error [1054]: Unknown column 'category_description' in 'xf_mg_category'

Exception trace:
() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php:196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php:77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php:79
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php:151
XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php:143
XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable() at /Volumes/Data/Development/127/xentwo/src/addons/XFMG/Setup.php:644

I can manually edit XFMG/Setup.php, changing line 644 to look for the column 'description' instead of 'category_description' but I'm not comfortable with forcing past the upgrade step in that way...and it only leads to other errors (it then fails on a further line, trying to select upload_user_groups which doesn't exist).
Looking at the database table, this is the structure :

Code:
    1    category_idPrimary    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    None        AUTO_INCREMENT
    2    title    varchar(100)    utf8_general_ci        No    None
    3    description    text    utf8_general_ci        No    None
    4    view_user_groups    blob            No    None
    5    allowed_types    blob            No    None
    6    parent_category_idIndex    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    7    display_order    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    8    breadcrumb_data    blob            No    None
    9    category_type    enum('media', 'album', 'container')    utf8_general_ci        No    media
    10    depth    smallint(5)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    11    media_count    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    12    album_count    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    13    comment_count    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    14    field_cache    mediumblob            No    None
    15    min_tags    smallint(5)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    16    lftIndex    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0
    17    rgtIndex    int(10)        UNSIGNED    No    0

Which, apart from 'view_user_groups' mimics a current successful upgrade we are testing.
I may have tried upgrading in the past so I believe the database could be part-upgraded?

I think I've sorted it. Went through by hand to figure out which stage the upgrade process was at and modified the xf_addon table > last_pending_action to point to the correct step.
Had to do this a few times, jumping some steps as it seems one or two were already done.

This is only a local development installation so it's not critical, but the upgrade seems to be finishing now.....

Top Bottom