Updating Deletes All Data?!?

xPeetey42

So I have been using XenForo on and off for about 4 months now and I'm still quite new to this although I have learned more stuff. Lately I have been trying to do my first update to 1.0.3. The problem is that I have come up to a step that says to continue I must delete all information?!? Is this a normal thing? I don't want my users to have to register and post all over again. Help please? :(

Which FTP program are you using?
There have been instances where FTP programs don't merge the files correctly.

Also make sure you upload the upgrade files and not the full package.

I'm on a Mac so I have been using Transmit. I downloaded the update package and replaced everything except my styles folder. Is there anything wrong?

Yep, Transmit is the problem.

It has a habit of doing that.

I think you need to set up the options correctly to enable merging of files and directories.

Erm.. So do I have to delete everything and start over with the uploading, is there a way for me to keep my data?

All the data, posts, users, threads etc are stored at the database. So it would be best to make a thorough backup of it before you run the upgrader.

About the files, have a look at the link provided by Brogan above.

Okay I noticed that my config.php is missing and made a new one. My styles, data, and internal_data folders are still there. Do I need to re-upload all the other update files?

Make sure the install-lock file is also in place.

It won't hurt to upload the files once more, just to ensure you have the correct file set.
There is a new file health check feature in 1.0.3 so after upgrading you can run that to verify they're all correct.

Top Bottom