1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unwelcome guests

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by RossJenkins, Sep 17, 2016.

1. RossJenkins

RossJenkins Member

Okay, so we've banned a member who we don't want to visit the site anymore. We have detectors in place to detect cookies and IP, but it seems to be missing this guy. Has anyone worked out other methods you can catch ban evaders?

Thanks
    Ross

2. Snog

Snog Well-Known Member

There's no 100% foolproof way to stop them unless the user shows a pattern of some sort. Such as using the same proxy system all the time. Then you can ban all IPs for that proxy system at the server level. Also, banning 'disposable' email addresses helps too since those are the type of email addresses most undesirables use.

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

What are disposable email addresses?

4. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

5. RossJenkins

RossJenkins Member

Yeah I agree, I don't see much patterns other than he PM's people with the same skype name (so maybe a way if a keyword is said in PM, it alerts admins) seems the only decent way so far.

He doesn't even use a disposable, he makes a gmail... Hes a real dedicated kinda guy, I guess.

6. OUTL4W

OUTL4W Active Member

If he's really that persistent, next you know he's registered...set his username and/or ip to "discourage".

7. RossJenkins

RossJenkins Member

He's changing his IP's. As well as dumping his cookies every time hes banned