Unwelcome guests

Okay, so we've banned a member who we don't want to visit the site anymore. We have detectors in place to detect cookies and IP, but it seems to be missing this guy. Has anyone worked out other methods you can catch ban evaders?

Thanks
Ross

There's no 100% foolproof way to stop them unless the user shows a pattern of some sort. Such as using the same proxy system all the time. Then you can ban all IPs for that proxy system at the server level. Also, banning 'disposable' email addresses helps too since those are the type of email addresses most undesirables use.

There's no 100% foolproof way to stop them unless the user shows a pattern of some sort. Such as using the same proxy system all the time. Then you can ban all IPs for that proxy system at the server level. Also, banning 'disposable' email addresses helps too since those are the type of email addresses most undesirables use.
Yeah I agree, I don't see much patterns other than he PM's people with the same skype name (so maybe a way if a keyword is said in PM, it alerts admins) seems the only decent way so far.

He doesn't even use a disposable, he makes a gmail... Hes a real dedicated kinda guy, I guess.

If he's really that persistent, next you know he's registered...set his username and/or ip to "discourage".

Top Bottom