Unwanted Pm's, how do you deal with them?

borbole

I have been getting several unwanted pm lately to the point where it is getting very irritating. All of them are how can I do this or can you code that for me etc etc of this kind.

At first I placed that notice in my signature about providing paid support only in private and that seems to have worked for the most part. But I still get unwanted pm's and when I politely inform them that I charge for my time in providing support in private, they are like: Are you serious? Or Are you crazy dude? Why can''t you do it for free and all that crap. At first I try to ignore them but it has become very annoying and extremely irritating how some people are so selfish and don''t care about others as long as they get what they want.

Has anyone else from your guys received unwanted pm's of this kind and how are you dealing with it? Thanks in advance for your answers and thoughts on this.

You could just refer to your signature.

Honestly, people will always try to get free support and can't imagine why it'd be annoying for you.

Your signature seems clear to me. I would send junk requests to the bit bucket and ignore the trolls.

Jeff

That is what I have been doing and will keep doing but sometimes it gets too much.

You could just refer to your signature.

Honestly, people will always try to get free support and can't imagine why it'd be annoying for you.

It is annoying because of the way that this free support is asked. As if it is owed to them. Like you are here to do their bidding. And when you mention politely that you do not have much free time and provide paid support only then they get all irritating and angry. I have helped a lot of people before and in 9 times out of 10 I didn''t get even a single Thank you for your help. But it was taken for granted. That is what annoys me.

Anyway, thank you all for your replies :)

Top Bottom