1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Unsubscribe From Everything?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ScottLott, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ScottLott

ScottLott Member

Hey Guys,
    I've got an issue with XenForo sending mail to my users.

They can select "Do not receive admin Emails" but thread notification and PM emails are still sent.

How do I tell XenForo not to Email someone AT ALL. Like nothing.

2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

One way would be to hack the mail.php file. It's a simple hack, but you would need to apply it on every upgrade.

ScottLott likes this.
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

PM emails, thread watch notifications, etc. are not considered admin emails.

You can remove email notifications for threads / forums by unwatching them and rewatching them without the option for emails. As for PCs, you can turn them off in your preferences:
    http://xenforo.com/community/account/contact-details

There is absolutely no need for an add-on here.

ScottLott, oman and Amaury like this.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's a link in the email to stop all emails as well.

ScottLott and HWS like this.
  5. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

@ScottLott: Then it should be very easy to implement an acp link at account info which does exactly the same.
    A simple template edit would solve this issue.

ScottLott and whynot like this.
  6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

That should be included in a future version of XF.

ScottLott likes this.
  7. ScottLott

ScottLott Member

Thanks for all the replies, guys!

Looking at the Email template, I see this is the line doing the work:
    Code:
    'disable_all_link={xen:link canonical:watched/via-email, '', 'u={$receiver.user_id}', 'c={$receiver.email_confirm_key}', 'a=no_email'}',

I'm not sure how I would get the "email confirm key" outside of the email template, and I don't see where in the xf database is changed once this link is clicked.

I'd definitely want to setup a link I can send users (Unsubscribe from all email messages) that can be placed anywhere, including in their account settings.

Throw me another bone?