Resource icon

Unread Threads Counter 1.0.1

No permission to download

Dan

ExtraLicense submitted a new resource:

Unread Threads Counter - This Addon shows an Unread Threads Counter in the Visitor Panel in the Sidebar

Unread Threads Counter
by ExtraLicense
This Addon shows an Unread Threads Counter in the Visitor Panel in the Sidebar​
How does it work?
You can select the user in the ACP who starts the convesation and you can choose if the conversation is closed or not. Here is a picture:​

Read more about this resource...

Just a minor suggestion, shouldn't this be renamed to "Unread Posts" instead of Threads? I think it would make more sense. :)

Once http://xenforo.com/community/threads/itemcount-in-own-navtabs.48307/ is fixed and released, we'll add a option to include the unread threads counter this into the navbar instead of the visitor panel
[
what-png.44258

@ExtraLicense

great idea although this will add a lot of query calls :cautious:
Yes it adds ATM 1 query (on pages with the sidebar)
Version 1.0.1 (which will be released in the next days which fixes a bug, adds 2 queries if we don't find another way to query the data)

We've discussed internal about a cache, but we're still not sure, if we want to implement it, because it would indicate a wrong number if it's a time-based cache. And firering a trigger after thread creation /deletion and when viewing a unread thread is also not the best solution

Yes it adds ATM 1 query (on pages with the sidebar)
Version 1.0.1 (which will be released in the next days which fixes a bug, adds 2 queries if we don't find another way to query the data)

We've discussed internal about a cache, but we're still not sure, if we want to implement it, because it would indicate a wrong number if it's a time-based cache. And firering a trigger after thread creation /deletion and when viewing a unread thread is also not the best solution
I understand what you are saying and it make a prefect sense. From what I understand from your previous post it will only be an option (which is a great move) sense I will like to keep it at the home page. (y)

Where would I go to edit the font color of the "Unread Threads" listing in the sidebar?
I want this to standout a bit more for the user.

ExtraLicense, any plans to include the unread threads counter into the navbar instead of/optional the visitor panel?
Suggestion: display a list of forums on the Accounts page that a user has permissions to access, and allows them to select the ones they DON'T want to see in Unread Threads.
Very usefull add-on. Thanks

Top Bottom