XF 2.1 Better way to see unread threads?

Lighthope

I see that unread threads have their subject titles in bold. On some themes, that is kind of hard to see.

Is there another way to flag unread threads? (I know the front page has that icon on the side, but once you get into the actual forum it doesn't.)

Depends on your theme but what you want to be targetting is this by putting in your extra.less template:
.is-unread .structItem-title a {
font-weight: 900 !important;
}

You can change the font-weight to color: and have a color red for unread threads.

Depends on your theme but what you want to be targetting is this by putting in your extra.less template:

You can change the font-weight to color: and have a color red for unread threads.

Cheers for that!

I found another slice of code that puts the NEW tag on threads with unread messages.

CSS:
.structItem.is-unread .structItem-title a:not(.labelLink):after {
    content: "NEW";
    display: inline-block;
    background: @xf-uix_primaryColor;
    padding: 1px 4px;
    font-size: 11px;
    color: #FFF;
    border-radius: 3px;
    margin-left: 5px;
    position: relative;
    top: -2px;
}

I don't remember where I found it, so I can't give credit. But I did find it on this forum.

I don't remember where I found it, so I can't give credit. But I did find it on this forum.

Here,

I'm running XF 2.1.6 Patch 1 on the default theme and adding the above to extra.less isn't working for me. Any ideas how to make this work on the XF default theme?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom