Add-on Unread posts count

Dakis

I've searched the whole forum but it seems this is still not available.

All we need is the number of unread posts showing up somewhere, probably next to the "what's new" button - but I don't even need this packaged as an add-on, if someone can come up with the code we'd be able to put it anywhere in our templates.

I've only found this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-unread-thread-counter.10230/

but that's counting threads, any way to tweak it so it counts posts?

I've searched the whole forum but it seems this is still not available.

All we need is the number of unread posts showing up somewhere, probably next to the "what's new" button - but I don't even need this packaged as an add-on, if someone can come up with the code we'd be able to put it anywhere in our templates.

I've only found this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-unread-thread-counter.10230/

but that's counting threads, any way to tweak it so it counts posts?
When you say unread posts... you're basically asking for a complete count of every single post on the forum that a user hasn't read. Does this describe what you're after? If so, for a large forum, that could be in the thousands or even millions.

When you say unread posts... you're basically asking for a complete count of every single post on the forum that a user hasn't read. Does this describe what you're after? If so, for a large forum, that could be in the thousands or even millions.

perhaps a cut date filter say Last x amount of days would be a solution for larger forums as an option for the member to choose from a list of filters.

Yes that's it. With a cut filter like 20 or 30 days , it shouldn't be an issue. In vbulletin it was one of the most successful add-ons ever.

Top Bottom