[OzzModz] New Icon For Unread Posts

[OzzModz] New Icon For Unread Posts 2.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download

Ozzy47

It worked for me with the UI.X themes, but I just did the part to show the New icon, not the background overall.
Can you be more specific? I'm using UI.X Dark and couldn't get any of it working as far as I remember...

Here is my extra.less for UI.X Dark. The top part is just to center my header so disregard that. My icon color is a lime green to match the basic UI.X Dark theme.

i-L4dR89M-XL.png

.structItem.is-unread .structItem-title::after {
content: "New";
display: inline-block;
background: rgba(139,195,74,0.95);
padding: 1px 4px;
font-size: 11px;
color: white;
border-radius: 3px;
margin-left: 5px;
position: relative;
top: -2px;
}

my result.

i-tH9W8gv-L.png

Okay I re-installed the mod. Still not working. Here's my extra.less after the changes you suggested:

Code:
.actionBar-action--reply, .actionBar-action--mq {
         display: inline-block !important;
         background: rgb(71, 167, 235) !important;
         color: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;
         padding: 5px 12px 5px;
         line-height: 19px !important;
         border-radius: 4px;
         background: linear-gradient(rgb(71, 167, 235) 0%, rgb(71, 167, 235) 0%);
    }
.actionBar-action--reply:hover, .actionBar-action--mq:hover {
         display: inline-block !important;
         background: #0099ff !important;
         color: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;
         text-decoration: none !important;
         border-radius: 4px;
         background: linear-gradient(rgb(65, 158, 224) 0%, rgb(65, 158, 224) 0%);
    }
@media (max-width: 800px) {
.actionBar-action--like:hover, .actionBar-action--reaction:hover {
transform: none; }

.structItem.is-unread .structItem-title::after {
content: "New";
display: inline-block;
background: rgba(139,195,74,0.95);
padding: 1px 4px;
font-size: 11px;
color: white;
border-radius: 3px;
margin-left: 5px;
position: relative;
top: -2px;
}
.p-header-logo{margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;}

The top is another mod. BTW, the center logo didn't work either, See screenshot.

desktop2.jpg

:(

You must have something overriding it. If you have any child templates, I suppose you could try those. I am not technical enough on this to give much more help.

Good luck.

You must have something overriding it. If you have any child templates, I suppose you could try those. I am not technical enough on this to give much more help.

Good luck.
It's all good. I'm not a hardcore coder, but I'm pretty good with tinkering and figuring things out. Thank you for your time! :)

@Ozzy47 works great, but I notice when you go to "new posts" you see the icon on every post, so is there a way to remove the icon on new post page? Thanks! also maybe even move icon to the left side of thread title?

I just installed this mod on the default theme and it doesn't appear to be working. Is this still a valid mod. Would love this functionality as my users are complaining about just the bold text notifying of new posts as they are used to the old forum software. Thanks

UPDATE: It appears there is this server error when the mod is enabled.

XF\CssRenderException: Error rendering template public:extra.less: ParseError: missing opening { in public:extra.less on line 3751, column 1 (on or near line 3751) src/XF/CssRenderException.php:89

Last edited:
I like this mod, thank you for it. If you modify it in the future to let us specify an image instead of text, that would be awesome as well.

I like this mod, thank you for it. If you modify it in the future to let us specify an image instead of text, that would be awesome as well.

Or to specify an emoji as well. Sorry for another post, I'm unable to edit my previous post.

Top Bottom