Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
I had the same issue with AndyB's "Recent Posts" and "New Posts" add-on's. We discovered that It was a permission issue for my setup.

I created a user group and gave that full access to a forum. Then I marked the forum private and clicked allow "view node" for the "registered" user group.
With this setup members can see that there is a forum, but they can't see how many posts and are not allow to see any posts in it. This is what I wanted.

If I turned of the allow "view node" for "registered" user group his add-on's worked great.

But I have also tested out "[bd] Widget Framework" and this add-on shows the posts correct even if I do as above.

Last edited:
Is it possible to move the counter it up to the main forum link instead?
So it looks more like XFMG and Showcase?

upload_2014-11-16_14-0-48.webp

It would be possible with template edits, in theory, but the default tabs, e.g. Home, Forums and Members do not have any code that allows the count to show there. That's only available to custom tabs from add-ons.

It could be made like that, and I have considered it, but it's not trivial and not something I'm going to do in the short term.

Am I doing somerthing wrong ? Its not working.. I reinstalled the addon without any issue but the count isn't even showing ( nor 0 nor any other number)

No similar reports. Likely a clash with another add on or an incompatibility with your style.

Try it on the default style with no other add ons enabled.

No similar reports. Likely a clash with another add on or an incompatibility with your style.

Try it on the default style with no other add ons enabled.
You are right. By switching to default style, the counter appears.

I am using UI.X style and have checked both (default and UI.X) navigation templates and their look the same on the new posts hook

Edit: On main UI.X its working too. Its just not working on my child UI.X theme =/

I have tested on UI.X and Default style and its working. So I can consider that there's no problem with any other addon. I uise a child style of UI.X

I just copied the whole <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums"> from default to my style and it still don't work. I really have no idea how to solve it.

Edit: Found it. For some reason, the "Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied" was checked. By unchecking it, it started working

This add-on doesn't use template hooks.

Unfortunately, I can't provide assistance with incompatibilities caused by styles and I can't say anyone else has ever reported a similar problem. You may wish to report it to the style author to see if they can shed any light on it.

This add-on doesn't use template hooks.

Unfortunately, I can't provide assistance with incompatibilities caused by styles and I can't say anyone else has ever reported a similar problem. You may wish to report it to the style author to see if they can shed any light on it.
No problem, Chris. I have found the error as described on my last post.

Thanks anyway :)

I have tested on UI.X and Default style and its working. So I can consider that there's no problem with any other addon. I uise a child style of UI.X

I just copied the whole <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums"> from default to my style and it still don't work. I really have no idea how to solve it.

Edit: Found it. For some reason, the "Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied" was checked. By unchecking it, it started working
Contact @Audentio

How to adjust the coloring? I updated UI.X and lost the mods I did. For some reason it's not lighting up red anymore although it shows the number. And how do I adjust the colors of it's "zero" state?

How to adjust the coloring? I updated UI.X and lost the mods I did. For some reason it's not lighting up red anymore although it shows the number. And how do I adjust the colors of it's "zero" state?

Have you managed to fix that? I have exactly the same problem with another style.

EDIT:

IN unread_posts_count.css
add
color: white;
under
.postItemCount
{
background: @primaryDark;

Is it possible to add auto-refresh feature?
For example I have my forum on and every x seconds/minutes it will perform an auto-update and change number of unread posts accordingly?

Any help on figuring out why my undread post count doesn't show up as red anymore?

Screenshot 2015-01-07 at 11.38.39 AM.webp

I added the following to extra.css before:

Code:
.blockLinksList .postItemCount
{
    background-color: #242526;
}

in the past to make it not look like this when there are no new posts:

Screenshot 2015-01-07 at 11.41.47 AM.webp

And that worked in the past.... But now when that CSS is applied it makes it the dark color all the time. If I take the CSS out it looks correct when there are new posts but like the crap above when there are zero.

Any help on figuring out why my undread post count doesn't show up as red anymore?

View attachment 94080

I added the following to extra.css before:

Code:
.blockLinksList .postItemCount
{
    background-color: #242526;
}

in the past to make it not look like this when there are no new posts:

View attachment 94081

And that worked in the past.... But now when that CSS is applied it makes it the dark color all the time. If I take the CSS out it looks correct when there are new posts but like the crap above when there are zero.

Try adding !important.

LOVE this! Works amazing!

I want to save my credentials but I am worried about security. What if I make a new account on XF and associate it? Will that new account be able to mess with my Xenforo support tickets and customer area?

Top Bottom