unofficial chat channel of xenforo users

Jungalist81

I was wondering if any active xenforo users would be inclined to gather and mingle at an unofficial Xenforo IRC channel?

I think this will proved to be useful as it will:
- move lots of short conversations posts to the chat channel instead
- allow ppl to get off-and-on topic
- allow ppl to engage in live conversation about the lawsuit and everything else
- help ppl be direct with one another
- create a positive and civil atmosphere.

Xenforo unofficial chat channel
Nickname: yourname (it is free and there is no signup required)
Channel: #xenforo (yes include the # symbol)

I am in process of starting my own network, would be great to have the xenforo channel there :) Would be happy to set up the channel and give select "well known members" channel OP

Can't say I would favor or use this. I'm more into keeping conversations on a community and not into a chat room.

But I wish you luck

I see a bunch of freeloaders trying to get support through it, on top of that response time on the forums for support is ridiculously fast :).

Not that it's a bad idea, just might get used in the wrong way

#xenforo is open on irc.freenode.net, feel free to join. I'm always on #centos, #nginx and #naxsi channels.

For developers, IRC is vital. You will be surprised how many brilliant minds are chatting daily on it.

"IRC is so 2000"

Oh yea I agree Brandon Sheley but Ive seen it having a big comeback to Video Game sites and other media sites. Heh... I remember back in 2001, before AOL messaging, us geeks used IRC. Fast forward to now and you will see lots of big communities, like Minecraft, utilizing a IRC channel now.

The channel needs to be ##xenforo. Freenode policy is one # for official and 2 for unofficial.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I definitely think we should forget this IRC idea and just meet in the middle of the ocean. We can throw USB sticks containing the latest resources between the ships. It's basically the same thing.

I idle on many IRC channels! Leave it alone!

It has also created business opportunities for me (which none have worked out D: ) as well from the people I meet.

We used to use IRC a hell of a lot.

Being a gaming community, it was sensible thing to have an IRC channel on irc.quakenet.org.

I think we still have, actually... probably #halflife2

However, being heavily focused around Half-Life 2 in the early days and now generally any Valve Software game/product our chat presence is all on Steam.

Still holds a special place in my heart.

/me slaps Robbo around a bit with a large trout

Top Bottom