• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

unofficial chat channel of xenforo users

I was wondering if any active xenforo users would be inclined to gather and mingle at an unofficial Xenforo IRC channel?

I think this will proved to be useful as it will:
- move lots of short conversations posts to the chat channel instead
- allow ppl to get off-and-on topic
- allow ppl to engage in live conversation about the lawsuit and everything else
- help ppl be direct with one another
- create a positive and civil atmosphere.

Xenforo unofficial chat channel
Nickname: yourname (it is free and there is no signup required)
Channel: #xenforo (yes include the # symbol)

Banana Pup

I am in process of starting my own network, would be great to have the xenforo channel there :) Would be happy to set up the channel and give select "well known members" channel OP

Adam Howard

Can't say I would favor or use this. I'm more into keeping conversations on a community and not into a chat room.

But I wish you luck

Floren

#xenforo is open on irc.freenode.net, feel free to join. I'm always on #centos, #nginx and #naxsi channels.

"IRC is so 2000"

Oh yea I agree Brandon Sheley but Ive seen it having a big comeback to Video Game sites and other media sites. Heh... I remember back in 2001, before AOL messaging, us geeks used IRC. Fast forward to now and you will see lots of big communities, like Minecraft, utilizing a IRC channel now.

Robbo

I idle on many IRC channels! Leave it alone!

It has also created business opportunities for me (which none have worked out D: ) as well from the people I meet.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
We used to use IRC a hell of a lot.

Being a gaming community, it was sensible thing to have an IRC channel on irc.quakenet.org.

I think we still have, actually... probably #halflife2

However, being heavily focused around Half-Life 2 in the early days and now generally any Valve Software game/product our chat presence is all on Steam.

Still holds a special place in my heart.

/me slaps Robbo around a bit with a large trout