unofficial chat channel of xenforo users

lol I miss the IRC days.. It's where I pretty much got started with computers.. I use to make some mIRC scripts, played around a lot with Eggdrop bots and BNC's :P

What clients are you guys using now a days? I currently found LimeChat for OSX!

I simply use my browser to connect.

Again, to those people who think its not a good idea... I was in the same boat with you guys until I saw a lot of video game communities using the IRC the past few years. They are active (I dont mean bots) and its a simple modest chat channel. Connect to website, type name boom you're in.

I think there are some misread implications of my post. I am not here to divert or to suggest that IRC is better than other things out there like Skype or ajax shoutbox. Its a simple option of us to very easily connect to a chat room at any time.

I hopped in :), Floren and Robbo we're in there but I had to take off the second I got in.

I usually use IRC to organize scrims for CS :)

I definitely think we should forget this IRC idea and just meet in the middle of the ocean. We can throw USB sticks containing the latest resources between the ships. It's basically the same thing.
Pretty much all CentOS developers I know are on IRC. Not to mention many other important projects. IRC is an important communication tool for developers, in case you did not know.

Pretty much all CentOS developers I know are on IRC. Not to mention many other important projects. IRC is an important communication tool for developers, in case you did not know.
I was joking, in case you did not know.

Well, in the context of the video I quoted, and then my next post which praised IRC and suggested that I have lots of experience with IRC...

*Reads the past comments*

Response: Again, its just another way for instant chatting, like a shoutbox or a huge skype chat group. A few communities that started bringing people to chat and idle 24/7 and that is what I am trying to achieve for us xenforo fans. Rather than to focus its Reputation, lets focus on what it does - simple chat channel. People who havent heard of it before are now chatting there. I am not here trying to praise a system but utilize something so simple. Look... if we had a shoutbox on the xenforo forums then I wouldn't be reaching out like this.

I am going to try to invite other people in the xenforo forums to come online.

Top Bottom