XF 2.1 Unlinked album owners after import - Xenforo Media Gallery Import 2.1 (BETA)

7emper5i

Hello everybody, it took a little longer until I could dedicate myself to the import due to family business.

My initial scenario is that I forgot to convert the gallery from sonnB to XF MG in time to upgrade to XF2.
So I have an XF1 backup with the XF MG and try to import it into a live forum.
I upgraded the XF1 with the last XF MG for the XF1 to the current XF2 with the XF MG option.

So I try a gallery import of the current XF MG 2.1.
The users from the source forum are available 1:1 at the target forum.

All media are taken over, the albums as well, but the usernames are not linked to the current user profiles.

The usernames are only displayed. Accordingly, users can no longer edit their own albums.

I have now played through the import several times.

The error remains persistent.

Image One:
Upgraded and fully functional gallery as source

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-22 um 14.37.02.png

Image Two:
Importen gallery with unlinked owner

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-22 um 14.36.50.png

Please delete my bug report within the media gallery report forum: #1
Thanks!

Hello @Brogan,

I'm sorry to address a team member directly now - but I can't link a user with a profile. Instead, after importing the gallery (everything is available: albums, pictures, descriptions, etc...), the name is only grayed out.

I have now executed the process with different backups about 10x (yes, several nights have been sacrificed).

Why is this name not displayed?

Once again for your understanding: The gallery is located in an almost identical forum with the same user base and is to be transferred to the live board.

Thank you for your efforts,
Philipp

It's likely due to the double import, and the import log not containing the expected user records.

We can't really fully support a double import in this way.

However, I released a direct importer from sonnb XenGallery to XFMG yesterday so you might want to try that:

Top Bottom