Unique number of the post in the thread

strike.N

Hello,
in the old XF software version each post was numbered, so you could refer to a particular post by number.
Currently this feature is missing, some users ask for it.

It seems it is basically no longer available in the latest releases? If yes: is there any plugin that allows the numbering of posts?
Thanks for the effort!

Sincerely,
Frank

this seems like a theme issue. might be worth it to check if there is an update available for the theme. or all template modifications are properly merged in the backend. or ping the developer of the theme for support!

basically, there is no setting as per my understanding in the settings panel that would hide these numbers. unless maybe user manually adds some kind of css code to hide it. or remove the code itself.

Hello,
in the old XF software version each post was numbered, so you could refer to a particular post by number.
Currently this feature is missing, some users ask for it.

It seems it is basically no longer available in the latest releases? If yes: is there any plugin that allows the numbering of posts?
Thanks for the effort!

Sincerely,
Frank
Can you see the numbers here? Can you see them using a default theme on your forum? Check that they aren't the same color as the background.

Can you see the numbers here? Can you see them using a default theme on your forum? Check that they aren't the same color as the background.

If the number is always on the right side of the bar, then I can exclude color matching. There is obviously no room for the number.

Attachments

• Nitt_007.webp
    Nitt_007.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 31
What theme are you using @strike.N ?
The forum was taken over a long time ago, the software and settings were never changed. At the end of 2022, the forum was migrated to the Xf Cloud and at the same time the XF software was brought up to date.

Since then, the numbering of the articles has been missing. Which does not bother us (moderators and admins), but some users ask. None of us are really familiar with the XF software and JS. In that sense, it is a search and a guess.

This is how it looks in the Admin Panel (I made the name of the forum unrecognizable):

Attachments

• Nitt_008.webp
    Nitt_008.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
The forum was taken over a long time ago, the software and settings were never changed. At the end of 2022, the forum was migrated to the Xf Cloud and at the same time the XF software was brought up to date.

Since then, the numbering of the articles has been missing. Which does not bother us (moderators and admins), but some users ask.
This is how it looks in the Admin Panel (I made the name of the forum unrecognizable):
Was going to say have a chat to the webmaster who made that theme you choose to use.
in the mean time let members change to their choice of theme until you get that fixed.

Doesn't look entirely default as that bar isn't blue by default.

Go to Styles > Add style, select nothing for "Parent style" and it'll create a fresh theme from the master style. Do they show there? If they do, then your default theme has some modifications. If they don't, then something is wrong with the master template data.

I proceeded as described, gave to this newly created styl the name "Frank". It's been recreated. But after calling, no change is discernible

Attachments

• Frank_style_02.webp
    Frank_style_02.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Frank_style_01.webp
    Frank_style_01.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 17
Attention - we will convince the users that it does not (anymore) need this post number. It is technical curiosity that drives us. A little better understanding of the XF software is the goal.

Thank you all for the quick and nice help, even if we have not really made any progress at the moment.

Probably need to ask the Cloud support team then, something isn't right with your master templates by the look of it. Is supposed to look like this:

1704920547242.webp

I don't know where that blue bar is coming from on yours so suggests something is different to default.

Top Bottom