Lack of interest If editing a post sends it (back) to the approval queue then keep the original post visible in the thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Steffen

Editing a post can send it back to the approval queue. The post then vanishes from the thread until until a moderator approves it (in which case it'll reappear).

It would be nice if the original version of the post was kept visible in the thread during this period.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That would defeat the point of post-moderation.

I don't understand sorry.

In my case I have a forum that requires all posts to be approved by a moderator but I also want the user to be able update the post later.

The problem is once its approved then can edit it and it doesn't need approval.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Thank you

My point is that if you don't trust a poster enough not to moderate every post, then by all means send it into the moderation queue. We do that for the first X posts on some forums. After that, if the member isn't banned for spam or something, the posts aren't moderated.

But if a moderator is uncertain about any post and whether it should be allowed to stand, the post can be sent to the moderation queue for review.

While it is in moderation, it should not be visible to other forum members or guests or search engines. That's is the point of the moderation queue.

If it's a more minor concern, any member can click the Report button for review by staff. In that case, the post remains publicly visible while it is being reviewed.

Top Bottom