Fixed Unfurling URL's

Ozzy47

Affected version
While I can understand a URL in the middle of text needing to be on it 's own line in order to unfurl, it seems strange that if you only post a URL in a post it does not unfurl unless you hit return after the URL to trigger the multiple line.

Those are in a forum that isn't viewable to guests, so no information can be fetched for them. (So generally, that's expected.)

Worth noting that there are some other example URLs there that I might have to look into more, but for the examples in this thread, this is all as expected.

That is a plausible explanation for some of the occurring issues, but something defiantly seems off of you look at the thread in the test forum.

Mike,
Check this out.

First post by ME, i post a link and it DOESNT unfurl.
Third post by ME, i post the same thing and it unfurls.

I think I know the issue and interestingly it may relate to a new Froala behaviour.

Pasting a URL appears to automatically link the URL.

We either need to override that behaviour or still allow those links to be unfurled via our HTML conversion.

It seems iOS is converting the URLs to links automatically, but can't reproduce that on macOS. But that could be one factor towards it appearing to be sporadic.

I'd like to say this is a new behaviour but I'm not certain. I'll have to test it on an older XF version. If anyone gets a chance, the demo system is still using the XF 2.0.10 version of Froala (the new version is in 2.0.11 and 2.1.0) so seeing if URLs are auto linked there would be interesting.

Top Bottom