Fixed Unfurl does not like URLs with ! at the end

Chromaniac

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barfi! is an example I hit today. Just posting here in case this can be considered as a bug.

Can be seen here I guess:
!

It ignores ! and generate code for the link without !. Moving the ! in next line.

Regular link generator that creates a link with page title also seems to do the same.

I do believe that fixing this would create more hassles as it would break links in text content where users might end the link with ! so probably can be ignored.

We'll need to investigate, but we shouldn't unfurl the link if we end up not linking the entire line due to shifting a trailer out of the URL.

Saying that, alternatively if a URL is posted on its own line, we might be able to not shift out trailers and assume that the URL is what the user meant. I'm not sure if that's viable though.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 5).

Change log:
When we detect an unfurlable URL (on its own line), do not attempt to move trailers out like with inline autolinked URLs
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom