XF 1.3 "Undefined index: permissions" error occurred involving a number of addons

Shyuan

Hi,

I'm in debug mode, and we have several members including myself triggered this error when posting on the forum. It seems to involve a number of addons. But I'm not sure what exactly the issue is. Does this mean I need to report to all the addons' developers?

The following error occurred:

Undefined index: permissions
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XI/Blog/Model/Blog.php at line 393
XI_Blog_Model_Blog->canViewBlog() in XI/Blog/Model/Entry.php at line 661
XI_Blog_Model_Entry->canViewEntryAndBlog() in XI/Blog/AlertHandler/Entry.php at line 22
XI_Blog_AlertHandler_Entry->canViewAlert() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 267
XenForo_Model_Alert->_getViewableAlerts() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 78
XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser() in Tapatalk/Push/Push.php at line 22
Tapatalk_Push_Push::tapatalk_push_reply() in Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php at line 38
Tapatalk_Push_Alert->Tapatalk_hook() in Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php at line 9
Tapatalk_Push_Alert->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 452
XenForo_Model_Alert->alertUser() in Dark/PostRating/Model/Alert.php at line 20
Dark_PostRating_Model_Alert->alertUser() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 426
XenForo_Model_Alert::alert() in XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php at line 267
XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 164
XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in KeywordAlert/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 29
KeywordAlert_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 7
WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in MetaMirror/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 24
MetaMirror_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save() in DigitalPointSpy/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 7
DigitalPointSpy_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 549
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in Waindigo/PostAsUser/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 82
Waindigo_PostAsUser_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in DoublePost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 42
DoublePost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in AnonymousPosting/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 18
AnonymousPosting_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/abcdefgh/public_html/index.php at line 13

But the main server error info shows
ErrorException: Undefined index: permissions - library/XI/Blog/Model/Blog.php:393

So, it could be actually just XI Blog who caused it?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you! :)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

It's happening when we make replies to threads, and it's not always happening, out of 10 messages maybe once.

If the error info shows "ErrorException: Undefined index: permissions - library/XI/Blog/Model/Blog.php:393", does this mean it's this XI blogging addon that causes the error which then involved a series of addons? Or, is it all the addons (in the error list) cause the same "Undefined index: permissions" error?

I apologise but because I have to decide which addon thread to report this to. It would be great if you can point me to the right direction, thank you! :)

An earlier add-on can cause issues if it manipulates the data incorrectly. I would start by disabling add-ons other than the blog to see if it still happens.

@Shyuan did you find the problem? I am getting the same errors.
ErrorException: Undefined index: permissions - library/Bookmarks/AlertHandler/DiscussionMessage/Post.php:35
Generated By: Stuart Wright, 20 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Bookmarks/AlertHandler/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(35): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/sites/avf...', 35, Array)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(234): Bookmarks_AlertHandler_DiscussionMessage_Post->getContentByIds(Array, Object(XenForo_Model_Alert), 7419, Array)
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(77): XenForo_Model_Alert->_getContentForAlerts(Array, 7419, Array)
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Tapatalk/Push/Push.php(22): XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser(7419, 'fetchRecent', Array, Array)
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php(38): Tapatalk_Push_Push::tapatalk_push_reply(Array, Array)
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php(9): Tapatalk_Push_Alert->Tapatalk_hook()
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): Tapatalk_Push_Alert->_save()
#7 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(452): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Alert.php(426): XenForo_Model_Alert->alertUser(7419, 1, 'Stuart Wright', 'post', 21080250, 'insert', NULL)
#9 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(267): XenForo_Model_Alert::alert(7419, 1, 'Stuart Wright', 'post', 21080250, 'insert')
#10 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(164): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
#11 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#12 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/DigitalPointSpy/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#13 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(549): DigitalPointSpy_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
#14 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(139): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#15 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ThreadBan_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#16 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#17 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#18 {main}

I think this is an issue with tapatalk not passing permissions. I recall reading something about this in the tapatalk thread, and someone saying it was fixed. Are you guys up to date with that add on?

Sorry for the late reply guys, mine was probably an issue with the blog addon. I disabled blog addon and the error didnt appear since then. I will also update my Tapatalk and see how it goes when I re-enable the blog addon.

Top Bottom