1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 "Undefined index: permissions" error occurred involving a number of addons

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Shyuan, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm in debug mode, and we have several members including myself triggered this error when posting on the forum. It seems to involve a number of addons. But I'm not sure what exactly the issue is. Does this mean I need to report to all the addons' developers?

But the main server error info shows
    So, it could be actually just XI Blog who caused it?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you! :)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If it's happening in add-ons, you need to ask in the add-ons' threads.

3. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

It's happening when we make replies to threads, and it's not always happening, out of 10 messages maybe once.

If the error info shows "ErrorException: Undefined index: permissions - library/XI/Blog/Model/Blog.php:393", does this mean it's this XI blogging addon that causes the error which then involved a series of addons? Or, is it all the addons (in the error list) cause the same "Undefined index: permissions" error?

I apologise but because I have to decide which addon thread to report this to. It would be great if you can point me to the right direction, thank you! :)

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

An earlier add-on can cause issues if it manipulates the data incorrectly. I would start by disabling add-ons other than the blog to see if it still happens.

Shyuan likes this.
  5. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Thank you Mike, I will start with disabling the addons one by one and see how it goes. :)

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

@Shyuan did you find the problem? I am getting the same errors.

7. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I think this is an issue with tapatalk not passing permissions. I recall reading something about this in the tapatalk thread, and someone saying it was fixed. Are you guys up to date with that add on?

Syndol likes this.
  8. Syndol

Syndol Guest

9. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Many thanks, both. I have updated the Tapatalk client, and hopefully that will fix things. Been away and am in the middle of updating a bunch of addons.

Shyuan, Syndol and Daniel Hood like this.
  10. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply guys, mine was probably an issue with the blog addon. I disabled blog addon and the error didnt appear since then. I will also update my Tapatalk and see how it goes when I re-enable the blog addon.