Not a bug Unauthorized payment chargebacks are not removing user upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephanie_

Affected version
So, I checked my email today to find several unauthorized payment disputes show up. I was just going to ban the user responsible, and be done with it. However, when I checked their account, they still had their user upgrade. It seems Xenforo doesn’t know to handle payments to “PayPal CA Corporate Chargeback” as refunds/reversals.

In the previous image, PayPal doesn’t seem to be sending a reversal IPN, just straight to “PayPal CA Corporate Chargeback”. Now, this is fine. Xenforo should be handling the payment to “PayPal CA Corporate Chargeback” as a reversal, but it isn’t. This is showing up in the logs as ["reason_code"] => string(21) "chargeback_settlement"

In a separate instance from last month where an unauthorized dispute was created, the user did get downgraded immediately. However, when PayPal judged the case, PayPal cancelled the reversal, giving the user their subscription back. It then removed the money from the account by sending it to “Paypal CA Corporate Chargeback”. Xenforo did not take this into consideration and the user still had their upgrade.

See these images for a clearer story:

I've located a few other chargebacks from last month and they all still had their upgrades.

Here are a few more in-depth logs from the ones I've gotten today, I've erased any identifying bits.
Action: Information: Transaction already processed. Skipping. <---- the only log before this was for the actual payment to our account array(17) { ["txn_type"] => string(8) "new_case" ["payment_date"] => string(25) "07:06:38 Jan 21, 2019 PST" ["case_id"] => string(13) "" ["case_type"] => string(9) "complaint" ["business"] => string(17) "" ["verify_sign"] => string(56) "" ["payer_email"] => string(20) "" ["txn_id"] => string(17) "" ["case_creation_date"] => string(25) "15:21:17 Jan 21, 2019 PST" ["receiver_email"] => string(17) "" ["payer_id"] => string(13) "" ["receiver_id"] => string(13) "" ["reason_code"] => string(18) "unauthorized_claim" ["custom"] => string(32) "" ["charset"] => string(12) "windows-1252" ["notify_version"] => string(3) "3.9" ["ipn_track_id"] => string(13) "" }

Action: Error: Invalid business or receiver_email. <----- this was directly after the previous log array(17) { ["txn_type"] => string(10) "adjustment" ["payment_date"] => string(25) "15:51:57 Jan 21, 2019 PST" ["payment_gross"] => string(6) "-21.00" ["mc_currency"] => string(3) "USD" ["verify_sign"] => string(56) "" ["payer_status"] => string(8) "verified" ["payer_email"] => string(17) "" ["txn_id"] => string(17) "" ["parent_txn_id"] => string(17) "" ["payer_id"] => string(13) "" ["reason_code"] => string(21) "chargeback_settlement" ["payment_status"] => string(9) "Completed" ["mc_gross"] => string(6) "-21.00" ["custom"] => string(32) "" ["charset"] => string(12) "windows-1252" ["notify_version"] => string(3) "3.9" ["ipn_track_id"] => string(13) "" }

Hope this gets fixed. Thanks!

Not totally convinced there is actually a bug here, we would likely need more detail.

We would be happy to support you with this, but in the first instance we can only provide support to licensed customers. If you are licensed, please submit a ticket from the Customer area and provide an admin login so we can take a closer look at the logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom