• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable to upgrade Beta 1 to Beta 2?

Jethro

Is there an option I'm missing to retain posts and users?

Verify Configuration

Your configuration has been verified.
XenForo is already installed in your database. Continuing will remove all XenForo-related data from your database!
  • Remove all XenForo-related data, including posts and users

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It should automatically direct you to the upgrade. Did you remove the internal_data/install-lock.php file? Or did you perhaps overwrite the entire internal_data directory when uploading the new files? If the install-lock.php file is gone then that would explain the failure to direct you to the upgrade script.

You can manually go to the upgrade by loading install/index.php?upgrade/. The upgrade preserves posts and users.

Peggy

It worked fine for me just an hour ago. I didn't have to do anything special Jethro.
Just went to nameofsite.com/install and it went right to the upgrade process.

Jethro

It should automatically direct you to the upgrade. Did you remove the internal_data/install-lock.php file? Or did you perhaps overwrite the entire internal_data directory when uploading the new files? If the install-lock.php file is gone then that would explain the failure to direct you to the upgrade script.

You can manually go to the upgrade by loading install/index.php?upgrade/. The upgrade preserves posts and users.
Thanks Jake. Copied the file from another install and the upgrade worked like a charm.