Browser issue Unable To Scroll While Typing/Editing On Text Editors [Android]

Divvens

Multiple users report being unable to scroll up on the editor when they type a long message that triggers the scroll bar.

To Reproduce (reproduced on latest version of Google Chrome, Android 5.1)
  • Type a long message in the editor via your phone
  • Try to scroll up, it seems stuck and will not scroll to the beginning of the post.
However I think this may be a browser issue, seeing how it recently cropped up?

I presume you mean scrolling within the text editor itself? If so, I have tested this here on XenForo using both my phone and tablet (both running Android 5.1.1 and the latest version of Chrome) and I can't reproduce this, I am able to scroll in the text editor as expected.

Can you reproduce this here?

I presume you mean scrolling within the text editor itself? If so, I have tested this here on XenForo using both my phone and tablet (both running Android 5.1.1 and the latest version of Chrome) and I can't reproduce this, I am able to scroll in the text editor as expected.

Can you reproduce this here?
Unable to reproduce it here, I think a styling add-on "Readactor" may be causing the issue, will check.

Last edited:
It seems if the text editor has a border radius this problem is easily reproduced, without the border radius (on editor container) the problem doesn't occur. It isn't the add-on I mentioned above, just if the styling property has border radius it seems to cause this issue.

I was wondering about this. I've noticed it when I'm editing templates in the admin area. Can only "scroll" horizontally by placing the cursor inside the text box and using left-arrow, right-arrow or using the mouse to select text. Using Chrome's dev tools if I uncheck the -webkit-border-radius and border-radius properties from the textarea, the scrollbar suddenly becomes usable.

It's worth noting that this bug has been fixed in Chrome, though I'm not 100% sure what version it will appear in (likely 52, though 51 is possible). I suspect this will apply to the issue in Android as well.

I'm going to tag this as a browser bug then (which will hopefully go away soon).

Top Bottom