1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Unable To Scroll While Typing/Editing On Text Editors [Android]

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Divvens, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

Multiple users report being unable to scroll up on the editor when they type a long message that triggers the scroll bar.

To Reproduce (reproduced on latest version of Google Chrome, Android 5.1)
    • Type a long message in the editor via your phone
    • Try to scroll up, it seems stuck and will not scroll to the beginning of the post.
    However I think this may be a browser issue, seeing how it recently cropped up?
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I presume you mean scrolling within the text editor itself? If so, I have tested this here on XenForo using both my phone and tablet (both running Android 5.1.1 and the latest version of Chrome) and I can't reproduce this, I am able to scroll in the text editor as expected.

Can you reproduce this here?
  3. Divvens

Unable to reproduce it here, I think a styling add-on "Readactor" may be causing the issue, will check.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. Divvens

It seems if the text editor has a border radius this problem is easily reproduced, without the border radius (on editor container) the problem doesn't occur. It isn't the add-on I mentioned above, just if the styling property has border radius it seems to cause this issue.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

RamzanHD and Divvens like this.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

RamzanHD and Divvens like this.
  7. pegasus

pegasus Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this. I've noticed it when I'm editing templates in the admin area. Can only "scroll" horizontally by placing the cursor inside the text box and using left-arrow, right-arrow or using the mouse to select text. Using Chrome's dev tools if I uncheck the -webkit-border-radius and border-radius properties from the textarea, the scrollbar suddenly becomes usable.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's worth noting that this bug has been fixed in Chrome, though I'm not 100% sure what version it will appear in (likely 52, though 51 is possible). I suspect this will apply to the issue in Android as well.

I'm going to tag this as a browser bug then (which will hopefully go away soon).
    Divvens likes this.