1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Issue Unable to create new styles

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Arty, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

It seems XenForo has a limit on how many styles can be created, caused by the way it saves style data in registry.

When creating new style in admin panel I got this exception:
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Out of interest, how many styles do you have installed?
  3. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

4. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Fixed it by changing engine for xf_data_registry table to MyISAM:
    ALTER TABLE `xf_data_registry` ENGINE = MyISAM;
  5. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

And I thought it was gonna be something excessive. :eek:
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Please see: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/mysqli-statement-execute-error-row-size-too-large.88390/ This is more of a server configuration issue since blobs are generally stored externally. There are still going to be max_allowed_packet style issues. There are some situations where server configurations will need to be changed to support specific requirements.

Regardless, that large a number of styles is really nowhere near an expected or designed system requirement. I understand it could apply to a style designer on a development board, but that isn't something we'd be targeting at the expense of configurations for production boards. (A development board with specific requirements would be a good example of where configuration changes would be expected.)
    Liam W likes this.