1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable To Create A New Forum

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rambro, May 11, 2013.

1. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

All of a sudden this popped up when I was trying to create a new forum:

If you look behind the error box you can see I did in fact name it, yet it still finds the name invalid. I suspect this is some sort of add-on conflict as I haven't created a new forum since the beginning. Oddly, Categories and Link Forums work just fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It definitely looks like an add-on conflict, especially with that latter message. I could only recommend disabling them all and then enabling them one-by-one until the error returns.
    14DH01 likes this.
  3. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Post a list of your add ons, and we might be able to work out what may be causing it.
  4. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Ugh. I'm really starting to hate doing this.
  5. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Mike - we really need a way to export a txt list of the add-ons we have installed. Posting 6 different screen shots is a PITA.
  6. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

7. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

8. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

The update will be released in the next minutes. I'm going to use this thread to know if it would be possible to add a preSave() function to the admin controller XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Forum and its datawriter; it would avoid to reuse most of the code of the Save function to extend it.

Edit: fixed
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  9. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Seems that fixed it Cedric. Thanks.