XF 1.2 Unable to Connect to tcp://www.gravatar.com:80

JordanH

Hi,

I keep getting these errors on both my boards
(one of them is on 1.2, the other one is on 1.3 beta 4)

Error Info:
Code:
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to tcp://www.gravatar.com:80. Error #0: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago

Stack Trace:
Code:
#0 /home/offtopic/public_html/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('www.gravatar.co...', 80, false)
#1 /home/offtopic/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(457): Zend_Http_Client->request('HEAD')
#2 /home/offtopic/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(219): XenForo_Model_Avatar::gravatarExists('****@****.com')
#3 /home/offtopic/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#4 /home/offtopic/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/offtopic/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State:
PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "http://www.offtopicz.com/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(15) {
    ["username"] => string(9) "****"
    ["email"] => string(33) "****@****.com"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "3"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "18"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1981"
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["timezone"] => string(16) "America/Miquelon"
    ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(0) ""
    ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "***"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["submit"] => string(7) "Sign up"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "***"
  }
}

Anyways that's just one example. There's a BUNCH of them happening from time to time.

There is a problem in your server connection to gravatar, or gravatar to your server. This is not xenforo problem.

-edit-
Wait. Any chance the person who trying to register email is look-a-like spammer email?

I've been seeing similar errors, though the gravatar one I saw was apparently due to gravatar bieng down. However, I saw the same error with a custom URL we use. I submitted a ticket, and was told it was most likely due to a DNS issue at my end.

I ended up editing /etc/host and adding the custom URL there, and that solved my issues :)

I've been seeing similar errors, though the gravatar one I saw was apparently due to gravatar bieng down. However, I saw the same error with a custom URL we use. I submitted a ticket, and was told it was most likely due to a DNS issue at my end.

I ended up editing /etc/host and adding the custom URL there, and that solved my issues :)
Never heard the likes of it.
How do you end up doing custom URLs?

Top Bottom