1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Unable to assign secondary usergroup to a user

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Renegade, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

When I try to hit the save button I get this error. Where is this JavaScript console.

group error.PNG
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to use the browser inspection tools to access it.

Do you have any add-ons installed?
    Try disabling them and try again.
  3. Renegade

Who won't have any add-ons installed with XF1.1 :p

Will try that during off peak hours.
  4. Renegade

Ok it doesn't look like an add-on. I can edit other users but not this one.

[19:51:16.158] PHP <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'require_once(/home/xxx/public_html/community/library): failed to open stream: Argument list too long' in /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php:201
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php(201): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'require_once(/h...', '/home/xxx/...', 201, Array)
    #1 /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php(201): Zend_Validate::is()
    #2 /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/UserField.php(284): Zend_Validate::is('halo_masterchie...', 'EmailAddress')
    #3 /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php(340): XenForo_Model_UserField->verifyUserFieldValue(Array, 'halo_masterchie...', false)
    #4 /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(479): XenForo_DataWriter_User->setCustomFields(Array, Array)
    #5 /home/xxx/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): in <b>/home/xxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php</b> on line <b>201</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  Zend_Validate::is(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='/home/xxx/public_html/community/library:.:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/xxx/public_html/community/library/Zend/Validate.php</b> on line <b>201</b><br />
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What custom user fields do you have set up?

There seems to be an error with one of them related to "halo_masterchie...".
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's a really bizarre error - one that exists on Google all of 3 times, all in Russian for that matter...

I'm not sure why though. It's like there's some sort of shell expansion happening, but I have no idea why that would be the case to load a file...
  7. Renegade

I had a custom field setup to store the google plus profile and it had a value stored for this user. The validation setup was that it should be a URL.

So I changed the validation to none and then I was able to save the user. :confused:

Weird that I was able to save earlier with that custom field. I know this coz I had filled that field for this user myself using the admincp a month back.