MG 2.2 Unable to add media to album

NoahP

Hello,

No matter what permissions are set the only person able to add media to an existing album is the owner.... not even administrators

Is it supposed to be this way or am I missing something?

Thats what I thought but this does not seem to work for me.

Category Permission is set to yes:
CatPerm.webp

Group permission is set to yes:
GroupPerm.webp

But still I see no option anywhere to do so
Edit.webp

Privacy.webp

Run the permissions analyser.

If you are a member of a user group with change privacy set to Never, it will override the Yes.

I was looking into albums the other day and I believe only "personal albums" can have permissions set.

Albums in a category cannot.

And if that's not the case, I'm having exactly the same issue as the op 😮

Hello,

Is there any answers on this? @benFF confirms he is having the same problem..... I have noticed that while XenForo is a fabulous product.... support for the addons especially Media Gallery is nowhere near the level it could be.

I was looking into albums the other day and I believe only "personal albums" can have permissions set.

Albums in a category cannot.
That is correct.

I'm really wishing I had never bought XenForo now! I love the software but your support is horrible!
The forum is community based support only.

If you require official support and a guaranteed response from an XF staff member, submit a ticket.

That has been the case since XF launched 12 years ago.

support is horrible!
@benFF

i assume that you were able to solve the issue of moving a private album.

Nevertheless, I will briefly show the solution, because surely at a later time other users will come across this node. I have created a graphical representation (see attachment)

Step 1 = The registered user should open his private album area -> Step 2-4 = Open album category (content / content directory) and move it to the desired category.

that's it :cool:

Attachments

• move_private_album_18102022.webp
    move_private_album_18102022.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm really wishing I had never bought XenForo now! I love the software but your support is horrible!
Hehehe... you should try another script that I have a license of. I've seen posts over there requesting assistance not be responded to for over a year. The developers response was "submit a ticket". That was the ONLY way you got any developer support for anything remotely complicated, and rarely did other license holders respond because they were "point & click" admins.

Top Bottom