Ultra VPS

They are crazy because they are all over the place. and in the past loads of 5.0.0 would crash my sites.. so im having a hard time understanding how i can be seeing loads of over 200.00 several times today.. and usually my averages look more like. 0.03 0.09 0.14 so something is up and i dont know what it is.

Why you'd go for a host which only offers 1 CPU share, to host any type of dynamic website with a database is beyond me.

Anyway, given what you've told me... Move.

Why you'd go for a host which only offers 1 CPU share, to host any type of dynamic website with a database is beyond me.

Anyway, given what you've told me... Move.
Thought i mentioned that important little detail in my first post but i didnt....
I know nothing about servers. as in Zero as in 0 :p So i suppose that would be the biggest reason right there. ;) I thought maybe paying for managed would help but as you can see i dont get much feedback.

Thought i mentioned that important little detail in my first post but i didnt....
I know nothing about servers. as in Zero as in 0 :p So i suppose that would be the biggest reason right there. ;) I thought maybe paying for managed would help but as you can see i dont get much feedback.

It should be a crime to offer such things.

I may be selectively blind here...but how much are you paying for that....I don't think anyone actually mentioned price here...

To offer any pragmatic solution to your problem, cost would be quite valid a constant in a sea of a whole lotta variables. Start with what your hosting currently costs and what your budget is monthly and you will be able to net a better judgement for yourself. It is easier to pick 1 from 10 than to pick 1 in a million.

I may be selectively blind here...but how much are you paying for that....I don't think anyone actually mentioned price here...

To offer any pragmatic solution to your problem, cost would be quite valid a constant in a sea of a whole lotta variables. Start with what your hosting currently costs and what your budget is monthly and you will be able to net a better judgement for yourself. It is easier to pick 1 from 10 than to pick 1 in a million.
Sorry i thought i mentioned that already to.. Must be something in my Monster Energy today. I think the base price was $45.00 a month and with cpanel and the managed option it comes to around $55.00 a a month.

Sorry i thought i mentioned that already to.. Must be something in my Monster Energy today. I think the base price was $45.00 a month and with cpanel and the managed option it comes to around $55.00 a a month.

Dear lord. That's what I offer my XF-optimised packages at, with cPanel and better specifications.

Dear lord. That's what I offer my XF-optimised packages at, with cPanel and better specifications.
Anywhere i can see what you offer specifically? Server Migration fees, etc..
Compared to what i have now what do you offer in the same range price wise?

Server Type Linux
Web Server Apache v2.2.16 (cgi-fcgi)
PHP 5.3.3
SAS RAID-10 Disk Space 60GB
Guaranteed Memory (RAM) 1.5GB
Premium Bandwidth 1500GB
CPU Cores 1 Core
IP Addresses 2 IP
CPanel

I shouldn't really be placing them here, but for a XenForo optimised VPS server, here's the specs.:

1.5 GB RAM
CentOS x64 (5.5) Operating System
80GB Disk Space
2000GB Bandwidth/month
LiteSpeed Web Server
2IP Addresses
Q9400/4-core CPU

For an additional $15 per month, I offer cPanel (cPanel sell it to me for $15).

hmmm i like that and i could seriously use that extra disk space. I suppose i should start thinking seriously about moving yet again. Any estimate on how many concurrent users you think thats good for?

So how many domains can you run on your VPS Shamil ?

Would you have to pay extra for each c-panel for each domain or does 15 bucks cover all the domains ?

Server Type Linux
Web Server Apache v2.2.16 (cgi-fcgi)
PHP 5.3.3
SAS RAID-10 Disk Space 60GB
Guaranteed Memory (RAM) 1.5GB
Premium Bandwidth 1500GB
CPU Cores 1 Core
IP Addresses 2 IP
CPanel

http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting/

You... are getting taxed my friend :( The reason your price seems appropriate to your hosting package is because of the 1 core (of what kind of cpu?). It would be better to have a lower cpu frequency and more cores available to spread out resource availability. They may have marketed it that way for a reason or not...I don't know that. But judging by the responses they have given you I would say it wouldn't be worth staying with them even if they were paying you to host your site with them. General respect and service with a smile go a long way where I come from....you look like your struggling just to get service from them.

Are you only hosting a xenforo site on your vps...and if not what else are you using it for generally speaking?

An example as I just installed Digital Point's Xenforo User map and couldn't figure out how to setup the extension correctly on my customized vps. So to kill two birds with one stone I had them do it to:

A. keep me from breaking my server
B. to show how a ticket should be responded to.

So I posted a quick ticket...and got a fast response just now...here's the capture.

this is.webp

Every vps package regardless of size has dual i7 Nehalem processors giving 16 cores available to every server as well as a raid 10 array built with enterprise class drives. I have had a couple of these all at different sizes...all have been great and any problems were definitely ones I created myself (noob+ssh=ouch) which they fix always in hours if not minutes. When I tell you I am a pain in the ass, I probably don't need to explain any further to iterate the point that this company deals with my crap and fixes my problems all with a smile on their face. To me they are like XenForo, the hosting company. When you call to ask a question of them, you feel like you matter when you are getting your answer.

I can recommend them and with no qualms, stamp that with my name. They have an affiliate program...I don't need it to inspire me to tell you about their hosting. They don't need to pay me...they sell themselves. They back their offerings and as a person with lots of experience with them I can say it is tried and true. I can only speak for them as out of the many hosts out there that I personally have tried, they are the only ones I feel strongly enough for to say they stand by their product with 100% certainty.

So how many domains can you run on your VPS Shamil ?

Would you have to pay extra for each c-panel for each domain or does 15 bucks cover all the domains ?

Hi anthony, as many as you want. A cPanel license, for $15, will allow you to hold 0->, though I hope you won't try to host infinite domains, to try to kill the server.

$15 covers all of the domains you want to host. It is not like Plesk, where licensing is done per domain use.

I do apologise for not seeing the post. Thanks VonDoom for alerting me to it.

Top Bottom