1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uhm? 4 weeks ago Chrome 9? Now Chrome 10?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vincent, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I know Chrome is good, but uhm? Changing a major version in 4 weeks is quite fast, no? :p

Are the improvements that good?
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

3. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

hmm...they must be using "agile" development methods :D
    DoctorWatsOn and tickedon like this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I hope they've finally fixed the wmode bug, and the copy/paste bug, and all the other bugs they keep (re)introducing.
    Vincent and dieketzer like this.
  5. James

James Well-Known Member

6. Brogan

Thanks, but I'm not sure I've got time to go through 448 bugs :D
  7. Null

Null Well-Known Member

Yeah, the releases are very quick with Chrome.

As far as I know, Chromium (Developer Build) is on version 12 (maybe 13 now?).
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The wmode was a definite change, though at least there's a workaround for it.

I've not tried to confirm it yet, but the copy/paste bug is supposed to be fixed in Chrome 10 now.
    dieketzer and Brogan like this.
  9. Brogan

Yeah, I like the iframe versions of the YouTube and other media players though :D
  10. Brogan

Thanks to Mike, he noticed that wmode has actually been added as a parameter, so for those of you who want to use the frame version, use this code for the YouTube Media BB Code Site:

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="385" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  11. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

What's the benefit of using iframe code for that?
    dieketzer likes this.
  12. Brogan

13. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

albert park!
    i worked at the hotel there for years. nearly the entire hotel gets booked out by the mechanics. they like it cos they can wake up, have brekky, then walk to the track at like 5am. we also had the best vantage point. we could stand on the 8th-floor deck for a perfect view.
  14. Brogan

O/T Lucky sod! :D
    dieketzer likes this.
  15. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

We're on Version 11 already on the dev track.
    Vincent likes this.
  16. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I dislike the recent update to Chrome. Something changed, and now I'm getting contant "Pages take too long to load" dialogs and it freezes up constantly when I load multiple tabs (usually around 3-6 when browsing What's New?). I didn't do that before a few days ago, but I can barely use Chrome now because of it.
  17. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Chrome 10 is working like a dream for me... no hanging, no freezing - are you running any plugins? (I'm guessing I don't really need to ask you that LOL)