1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Typographically correct apostrophes, quotation marks, ellipses, etc.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by jauburn, Sep 6, 2015.

1. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

This is a question, but feel free to move it to suggestions if it's more appropriate there.

I'm a typographical purist, when possible, so it's always slightly annoying to me to see text set in an attractive, proportional typeface but that uses the standard, straight "typewriter" symbols for apostrophes and quotation marks.

"Here is a sentence with the default quotation marks."

“Here is a sentence with typographically correct quotation marks.”

Here's a sentence with a standard apostrophe.

Here’s a sentence with a typographically correct apostrophe.

Here’s a sentence...with three “dots” as an ellipsis.

Here’s a sentence…with a true ellipsis.

While I'm not sure it would be possible to get xenforo automatically to convert three dots to an ellipsis, would it be possible to have xenforo use the typographically correct apostrophe and quotation marks—similar to the way Microsoft Word pulls that off, automatically, as the user is typing?

2. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Even better if it could warn ban users for bad grammar and automatically correct there grocers apostrophe's.
  3. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

LOL.... :rolleyes:
  4. Tiki Tiki

Tiki Tiki Active Member

There is an “AutoCorrect” plugin for CKEditor. Perhaps something similar can be done for XF’s editor.
  5. jauburn

That would be nice. I'm mostly using @cclaerhout the tinymce editor, but I also use redactor.
  6. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

jauburn likes this.
  7. jauburn

cclaerhout likes this.